Our dream was to create the ultimate in hybrid dehumidification technology that blends both ventilation and cooling to deliver perfect room conditions – with exceptional energy savings.
THE HYBRID SERIES
- The savings of outdoor air-based dehumidification, a cost-effective alternative to mechanical dehumidification in many geographies across North America.
- A simple design that makes it easy to service and maintain; smaller refrigeration components cost less to operate and maintain.
- Mechanical cooling that keeps the space comfortable by meeting the sensible load.
- An advanced control algorithm that precisely modulates outdoor air, using only the minimum necessary to maintain space humidity.
- The energy savings of a direct-drive fan array with ECM motors, plus heat recovery that utilizes a glycol runaround loop.
Here’s how we did it.
The Hybrid Series
The Seresco Hybrid Series provides the simplicity, reliability, and efficiency of ventilation-based dehumidification for indoor pools, plus a refrigeration circuit to provide air conditioning as required.
Typical pool dehumidifiers use a refrigeration circuit to cool air below its dew point and remove moisture, before reheating it and delivering it back to the space. While effective, it can also be desirable to use outdoor air to manage indoor humidity levels when the conditions are right.
The Hybrid Series leverages the potential of dry outdoor air to accomplish dehumidification, while also incorporating a refrigeration circuit to provide sensible cooling that keeps the pool area comfortable.
While our Hybrid Series is a suitable dehumidification solution for indoor pools in most North American climates, it is most cost-effective in areas where outdoor air is dry for most of the year. However, unlike other ventilation-based dehumidifiers, our Hybrid Series also provides sensible cooling capability, so high outdoor air temperatures are no longer a concern.
The Hybrid Series
- Outdoor air-based dehumidification is a cost-effective alternative to mechanical dehumidification in many geographies across North America and can reduce energy consumption as the compressor is not used to dehumidify.
- Its simple design makes it easier to service and maintain; smaller refrigeration components cost less to operate and maintain.
- Mechanical cooling keeps the space temperature comfortable by meeting the sensible load.
- Advanced control algorithm precisely modulates outdoor air, using only the minimum necessary to maintain space humidity.
- Direct-drive fan array with ECM motors means lower energy costs and no belts!
- Heat recovery utilizes a glycol runaround loop, reducing the energy cost of preheating outdoor air.
- Sensible air cooling available from 20 to 128 tons or with chilled water coil
- Packaged space heating – hot water, electric, or gas furnace
- Delivering airflow from 6,000 to 64,000 CFM with ECM driven fan arrays
- Reliable, frost-free heat recovery via glycol loop when needed most (to -29˚ F / -34˚ C)
- Fully modulating outside air up to 100%
- Easy-to-clean, fully-coated coils
- Room purge mode